Saturday, November 13, 2010

Starry Mag Interviews Jayma Mays (Emma)

Jayma Mays (Emma) spilled on what she thought of how they approached such a touchy topic as religion in the third episode “Grilled Cheesus,” who she loves working with and even her favorite pamphlets in Emma’s office! Below is some excerpts from the interview. For a WHOLE lot more, click here.
We've noticed some really hilarious pamphlets that your character Emma seems to have lying around in her office. What are some of the funnier ones that you enjoy the most?

A. I laugh so hard at these pamphlets! There are more of them, you don't even see a quarter of the pamphlets that they write up for the show. I think that the pamphlets should have their own segment because they're hilarious. I think one of my favorites is "I Think My Mom May Be Bipolar, Help Me" and then there is something like "Sanitary Wiping, Easy As 1-2-3." I don't know if I am quoting them verbatim but they have so many clever, funny pamphlets in there. I don't know where they come up with them, I have no idea, but somebody is having a really good time. We definitely need an entire segment just on pamphlets

Q. There are so many fans of the characters Will and Emma as a couple, where do you see the longevity of their relationship?

A. That's a very good question and a question that I don't really know how to answer just yet. I really feel like the character Dr. Carl Howell, which is the hardest name in the world to say and I always have to say it very slowly, I do feel like he is helping Emma in a way. He is a very spontaneous character, a very lively character, and a character that clearly has no issues with OCD or is not afraid of germs. I do think he's going to push her a bit get over some of those fears that she has, where I see them at is a good thing. Now I also know Emma still has a heart for Will, and will always have a heart for Will, but perhaps it's just that the timing is really off. I don't know how to answer the longevity thing. I think for right now it makes sense that they are together.

Q. You mentioned the changes and spontaneity that Dr. Carl Howell is helping Emma with, do think she's ready to adapt to this?

A. Yeah well see what's so great about the way they write for Emma is that things happen slowly for her, like progressively, slowly but surely. I do think for her I love seeing this arc, I love seeing this change, and I like the fact that it's taking time. I think we know that Emma wants to get better and be okay with germs and to feel like she can have things out of order a little bit. I think naturally it makes sense that it takes some time for that to happen and for that to evolve. I appreciate that they are kind of taking their time with that but pushing it as well.

No comments: